Friday, May 15, 2009

Triumph Over Autism Bilingually

Over at my Spanish Lesson Plans for Children blog, I wrote about the struggle I'm having on whether or not to teach my Jaden Spanish. I had mentioned that the school he's going to recommended that we speak English only with him.

Here's an encouraging article about a girl who talks when the doctors said she wouldn't, but she's bilingual! Read on Triumph over Autism

The parents used a therapy call the Son-Rise Programme. I decided to look more into this therapy and found that it's very similar to Floortime. Over the next few posts I will put up information about Floortime. This method of therapy seems like something we can learn to do at home. Right now Jaden get ABA (applied behavior analysis) for 2 hours at home and 2 hours at school.

No comments: